Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Year Ender
If I have learned anything this year, it is that I won't ever be ready for what life throws at me. I won't have the right words when it counts; I won't know what to choose when fate itself is staring me down. But now I know I don't always need to have the right answer.
I've learned I can go on waiting for something . . or someone, sustained by hope and nothing more - or I can put it aside and shrug my shoulders. Bravely accept the fact that I can't keep my heart safe any more than I can stop love from taking everything from me.
I have learned to stop saying yes when I don't mean it - to live as authentically as I know how. T allow the tips of my fingers to skirt the darkness, as long as I remember to keep my eyes fixed on the light. And as one door opens and another closes, I will move forward with the knowledge that unlike so many others, I have another year ahead of me - another shot at making it all the way around the sun, and a chance to get it right this time round.
- Lang Leav
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment